Deadline: 21 March 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management Analyst in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Ensure oversight and periodic monitoring of the UNDAF results framework and annual UNDAF work plans focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Development of annual UNDAF work plans, including M&E framework;
- Mid-term and end of year reviews of annual UNDAF work plans.
- Preparation of periodic progress reviews of the UNDAF results matrix thorough Outcome groups.
- Designing and undertaking mid-term review and end of cycle evaluation of UNDAF results.
- Convening of UN M&E Working Group.
- Integrate the UNDAF M&E framework into UNInfo, conduct regular updates and perform online monitoring.
- Provide guidance and effective support to UN inter-agency teams on developing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on joint programmes:
- Design of common systems and procedures for M&E of UN Joint Programmes.
- Development of results frameworks of joint programme documents with technically sound and clearly defined SMART indicators.
- Analysis of the specific data requirements of individual indicators and quality and reliability of available data sources.
- Periodic reviews and evaluations of joint programmes.
- Provide guidance to the Spotlight Initiative in incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme and oversee monitoring and tracking of results:
- Support the PC and the Head of the Lead Entity (LE) in preparing the TORs for and supporting the execution of planned M&E activities such as the mid-term, thematic and Final Evaluation and ensure adequate financial resources for ongoing M&E activities.
- Work closely with the M&E Specialists of recipient UN agencies and other Technical staff of the LE, ensure that appropriate gender-sensitive and gender-responsive methodologies are being utilized including the design of field surveys, questionnaires, participant feedback.
- Coordinate, with the LE and agencies such as UNFPA which is leading on Pillar 5 (Data), on overseeing programme baseline activities including updating of data sources and means of verification as well as, on an ongoing basis, in the integration of M&E findings in relevant narrative and financial reports.
- Contribute to knowledge management and capacity building on Spotlight Initiative:
- Support capacity building and awareness-building in each recipient UN agencies and implementing partner on both M&E and KM including development of tools for strong and robust Results-Based Management (RBM).
- Identify and disseminate of good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge as identified through programme implementation and M&E activities.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes.
- Experience in the United Nations systems in an asset.
- Field experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Mozambique.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.