Education Development Center (EDC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Director in Mali.
EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Director will perform the following functions-
- Develop and implements research agenda.
- Strategize, sets technical priorities; in conjunction with Chief of Party, leads implementation, and reviews technical progress.
- Establishes data collection strategies; improves data processing and reporting.
- Develop and monitors technical deliverables.
- Determine resource needs and oversees resource use.
- Meet contractual obligations.
- Implement regulatory compliance directives appropriate to the host country & funder.
- Devise and implements a monitoring and evaluation system; coordinates and oversees all evaluation activities.
- Recommend prospective business development opportunities; may conduct comparative or competitive analysis.
- Manage short-term consultancies.
- Participate in decisions concerning training content and format.
- Convey organizational philosophy and values.
- Design printed or online materials; may manage website content.
- Oversee technical coordination; secures consensus about priorities and competing workload demands.
- Foster excellent communications among all parties, including with EDC home offices.
- Manage and coordinates activities of subcontractors and all partners to create synergy.
- Oversee training programs, workshops, conferences, or other collaborations.
- Supervise technical staff; directs and coordinates work of technical staff.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in the social sciences or a related field or equivalent combination of training & education.
- PhD preferred.
- Master’s degree, 5–8 years related experience, including a minimum of 5 years designing, monitoring and evaluating programs, in the education sector preferred with PhD, 3–5 years related experience (as above).
- Demonstrated success and experience in monitoring results and indicators of education quality, access, and community engagement.
- Experience with EGRA a plus.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for details.
- Capacity to work in difficult conditions and function well under pressure.
- Fluency in English and French.
- International experience, experience in a developing country essential.
- Necessary computer, database, statistical software, and analytical skills, particularly in issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit EDC.