Deadline: 13 September 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in Lima, Peru.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the accomplishment of the stated key end-results by providing professional expertise and assistance in information/data collection, statistics and data analysis, monitoring & evaluation (M&E), preparation of reports, communication and partnership, and in implementing training programmes for national and sub-national data collection, monitoring, evaluation and research capacity building with special attention to the interest, concern and participation of primary stakeholders.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions:
- Integrated Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Planning (IMEP)
- Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office and national partners use a well-prioritized and realistic plan of research, monitoring and evaluation activities that will provide the most relevant and strategic information to manage the Country Programme, including tracking and assessing UNICEF distinct contribution.
- Situation Monitoring and Assessment
- Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office and national partners have timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the country or region, including monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country wider policy, economic or institutional context, to facilitate planning and to draw conclusions about the impact of programmes or policies.
- Programme Performance Monitoring
- Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office has quality information to assess progress towards expected results established in annual work plans.
- Provide technical support to ensure that a well-prioritized and strategic selection of evaluations at programme or Country Office strategy level is managed in order that each evaluation is designed and carried out with quality process and products and that evaluation results are useful to the intended audience.
- M&E Capacity Building
- Provide technical support to ensure that the monitoring and evaluation capacities of Country Office staff and national partners government and civil society are strengthened enabling them to increasingly engage in and lead monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Communication and Partnerships
- Provide technical support to ensure that the above tasks are carried out and accomplished through effective communication and partnerships.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation, advanced statistical research.
- Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities as follows:
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience.
- At least 1 instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning.
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Nationality of Peru.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.