Deadline: 23 February 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in Abuja, Nigeria.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all food assistance interventions (e.g. beneficiary needs and status, food security status, programme modalities, implementation challenges, etc.).
- Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programmes and budget revisions to ensure that plans are risk-based and focus on measuring results (e.g. checking monitoring and evaluation budgets are allocated and appropriate log-frame indicators and outcome targets are documented).
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome focussed results.
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements.
- Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustments are made to programme responses as required.
- Represent WFP (e.g. at inter-agency meetings with other NGOs and government agencies) to exchange knowledge and experience, promote the importance of monitoring and evaluation and build partnerships that enhance inter-agency monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Manage junior staff members providing coaching and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Train national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to build capacity of staff, increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis, emergency preparedness, security risk management and risk mitigation activities.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University degree in Sociology, Social Development, Development Economics or Performance Management or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience including in international development or humanitarian work.
- Minimum of two years of experience in monitoring and/or evaluation, including strong experience using a variety of quantitative and qualitative analytical tools and methods.
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.