Deadline: 27 March 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning Manager in Amman, Jordan.
The Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning Manager is responsible to provide leadership, technical contribution, and research management for its growing learning portfolio.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Manage monitoring & Evaluation and Accountability systems
- Manage a large team of M&E And accountability staff to provide high quality technical support to all running programmes.
- Work with programme teams to ensure technical soundness of program hypothesis, M&E plans, indicator reference sheets and conduct data quality verification and assessment.
- Develop and/or participate in development of guidance and frameworks for CO procedures, policies and processes that assist in institutionalizing and supporting M+E in the country mission.
- Participate in Country Strategy to ensure M&E remains a high priority in the country program.
- Support project and area managers in developing data collection methodology and tools, and systems for on-going data analysis.
- Ensure the central complaint response and feedback mechanism (CRFM) is functioning in all office locations, and that the learning is systematically feeding into program development.
- Research, Evaluations & Assessments
- Develop and maintain strategic learning partnership with key relevant academic and research institutions to enhance internal learning and advocacy efforts of NRC Jordan.
- Co/Lead and/or provide technical contributions to research and evaluation studies (such as baselines, process, performance, outcome and impact evaluations or meta-analysis across different programming) as needed.
- Knowledge Management & Learning
- Design learning agendas, learning frameworks and systems for all running NRC programs by identifying all data and knowledge needs for management insights, including designing methods and protocols for collecting and analysing that information beyond reporting requirements.
- Oversee the collection and ensure quality of cross-CC data collected through NRC Jordan integrated assessment, and ensure its widespread dissemination and use.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University graduate with a minimum of 5 years previous experience working in a humanitarian context.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in the Middle East are desirable.
- Knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Nationality of Jordan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.