Deadline: 6 June 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Monitoring Specialist will provide technical assistance and advice on establishing a bespoke M&E system for Law and Order Trust Fund for Afghanistan (LOTFA) along with other Monitoring and Evaluation specialists and experts, focusing specifically on the “data” side of the new M&E system.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support LOTFA in establishing the Monitoring and Evaluation System for all thematic windows (Security, Justice, Anti-Corruption, Payroll
- Design and develop robust Monitoring Strategies for LOTFA (incl. new innovative monitoring standards, quality assurance/ control approaches and new M&E capacity development approached).
- Suggest and align UNDP monitoring policies, procedures and practices for LOTFA’s needs;
- Implementation and Coordination of Monitoring Function for LOTFA
- Support LOTFA managers and project staff in conducting monitoring activities, gathering routine data for day-to-day management decisions and oversight.
- Prepare and where necessary, advise on development of monitoring plans together with LOTFA thematic window and project teams.
- Support LOTFA thematic windows in formulating results frameworks and indicators.
- Data Analysis from Monitoring Activities
- Support LOTFA in applying real time data analysis derived from monitoring activities.
- Support LOTFA in introducing new innovative data collection approaches, tools and systems focused on routine monitoring and tracking projects’ progress.
- Support strengthening and capacity building of local data collection and analysis institutions in the country and in the partner line ministries (MoIA, MoJ etc.
- Knowledge Management
- Identify and formulate lessons learned from monitoring activities.
- Support the implementation of a knowledge management and learning strategy.
- Set-up collaboration and coordination mechanism with other UN agencies, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on monitoring issues.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Business Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences, Economics, Law or related field or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 additional years of related technical experience.
- Practical training in programme management and evaluation (including Results Based Management), survey and research analysis, or applied statistical data would be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional work experience or 7 years with bachelor’s degree in international development at national and international levels.
- Experience in monitoring complex projects and programmes
- Experience in working on Results Based Management, including effective planning, monitoring and reporting of results essential.
- Experience in delivering and facilitating innovative approaches and solutions to development programming would be an advantage.
- Experience of working with UNDP, UN agency, or international organization with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of the project cycle including M&E would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.