Deadline: 2 March 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Support Analyst (M&E) in Freetown, Sierra Leone. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Management Support Analyst (M&E) will perform the following functions:
- Stakeholder Management
- Establish solid working relationship with the communities, institutional partners and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and support management and delivery of the M&E Workstream providing day-to-day operational support to interventions and partnerships working both independently and with guidance from the team lead.
- Liaise with Ministry of Health (MOH) and Ministry of Energy (MOE) to obtain periodic data (e.g. Community Health Clinic performance data etc.) for triangulation of evaluation results.
- Delivery Performance
- Support the M&E Specialist / Team Leader to coordinate the delivery and maintenance of Work-Package plans.
- Assist with needs and performance assessments ensuring project objectives and deliverables are well documented.
- Monitor the delivery of milestones to ensure adherence to project timelines.
- Monitor the milestones against finance deliverables to support proper budget delivery.
- Follow the Project Management Cycle instructions and ensure that all organizational policy is complied with (Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions).
- Assist the Team Leader to manage third party contractors in line with impact evaluation, dashboard development etc..
- Follow standard data collection and other ethical guidelines in the process of collecting most significant change stories.
- Ensure that the external contractors are following the HSSE guidelines and sampling strategy in the data collection processes.
- Data and Knowledge Management
- Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice, update meetings and other knowledge management activities.
- Acquire and demonstrate the Knowledge of industry best practices.
- Prepare and disseminate infograps and other visuals on most significant change stories.
- Personnel Management:
- Support the training of team members on M&E related topics as required by project plans.
- Perform project support role, unless appointed to another person or corporate / programme function.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) with 2 year’s of relevant experience.
- University Degree with an additional 2 year’s of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Relevant combination of academic credentials and / or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
- Certificate in Prince2 Foundation or relevant training on programmes, monitoring and evaluation, communications, community engagement, management and programme administration will be an asset.
- At least 2 year’s experience in the implementation of development projects is a requirement.
- Experience in implement monitoring and evaluation systems and / or field based data collection in support of market / social scientific research studies is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with large datasets and / or platforms (e.g. surveymonkey, ODK, sharepoint etc.) is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with institutional stakeholders such as Ministries, development partners and public sector officials is highly desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and in office software packages (GSuites, MS Office 2010 and/or newer versions) is required.
- Experience in community / stakeholder engagement is an advantage.
- Experience gathering qualitative data and / or human impact stories is highly desirable.
- Prior related experience in the UN system is an asset.
- Experience implementing gender mainstreaming activities is highly desired.
- Fluency in English and local language is essential.
- Knowledge of Krio and / or other local languages is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.