Deadline: 13 June 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager in Goz Beida, Chad. The duration of this post is 24 months.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will perform the following functions-
- Technical support to the partner
- Provide technical assistance and support to the local implementing partner for the effective implementation of the DIZA programme in the Sila province, in accordance with the programme objectives.
- Work closely with the Area Coordinator (AC), Programme Director (PD) and other Concern staff, lead the identification of training and capacity needs development for the partner and propose concrete measures and initiatives to address these in collaboration with Concern staff and the Consortium Coordination Unit (CCU).
- Work closely with the partner as a co-facilitator and/or technical advisor in key programme activities such as planning for activities, monitoring of activities, risk management and reporting.
- Programme implementation
- Organise and document regular partner review meetings to identify progress, review challenges and identify mitigation measures to address gaps and seek additional support as needed.
- Conduct cross-sectoral periodic programme reviews, in close collaboration with the AC, Concern MEAL Manager and Consortium MEAL Coordinator.
- Ensure adequate assessment of programme progress, capturing key lessons learnt, discussion of challenges in order to propose measures to adapt programme strategies as necessary, in accordance with the harmonised results-based management principles developed for the consortium and the programme document.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 year’s working in development or emergency settings for an international NGO with possibly 2 year’s of programme coordination experience.
- Strong coordination, collaboration, staff management, capacity building, and supervision skills.
- Strong experience working with local actors, including local NGOs and CSOs/CBOs.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with project stakeholders.
- Proven ability to convene/chair high profile meetings and ability to productively interact with a wide range of organizations.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation techniques and a good grasp of project cycle management.
- Thorough understanding of budgetary, HR and procurement processes.
- Excellent communication skills in French both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Concern Worldwide.