Deadline: 5 April 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Monitoring Officer in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 3 months.
The Protection Monitoring Officer will be responsible to promote resiliency, and enhance the capacity, of Rohingya communities to identify and mitigate protection concerns that affect their communities through community-based protection mechanisms.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Monitoring Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Mobilize and build strong rapport with Rohingya communities through consistent engagement with Community Protection Groups and adhering to dignified, culturally sensitive approaches.
- Support Community Protection Groups by facilitating meaningful group dialogue and mentoring participants to self-identify protection concerns that affect their communities.
- Capacity build Community Protection Groups to prioritize protection concerns and explore coping mechanisms practical mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate with CBP Senior Protection Officer and Team Leader on community protection group capacity building methods by collaborating on the development of participatory tools, awareness raising sessions and training materials.
- Ensure inclusive participation of communities, particularly those most vulnerable or at-risk, with attention to gender and diversity, to carry out community-led community risk mapping.
- Conduct in-depth Focus Group Discussions and Key Informant Interviews.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports of activities and process Procurement Requests.
- Work closely with DRC protection teams (GBV, Child Protection and General Protection and Host Community units) and other DRC programs.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Preferably a university degree in social sciences, anthropology, sociology, human rights, law, international relations, psychology, or related fields.
- Experience working or volunteering directly with vulnerable populations (6 months or more).
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, and active listening capabilities, with diverse groups of people.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Report writing in English.
- Fluency in Chittagonian and Bangla (Intermediate to advanced).
- Fluency in English (Intermediate).
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (must not be longer than four pages) in English through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.