Deadline: 9 September 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer- Monitoring in Sittwe, Myanmar.
The Protection Monitoring Officer will work as part of DRC’s Protection team, under the guidance and direct supervision of the Protection Team Leader and Protection Manager.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Protection Monitoring:
- Provide technical support to Protection Assistants in daily monitoring activities (meetings, focus group discussions, interviews, spot-checks, training and awareness-raising, etc.) in IDP camps and other conflict affected communities.
- Develop monthly and weekly work plans to ensure coverage of all relevant locations and that targets of protection monitoring are met.
- Ensure safety and confidentiality of the collected information in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct, Protection SOPs in place, and instructions from the Protection Coordinator.
- Internal and external trainings:
- Support Protection Team Leader and Protection Manager in designing and delivering trainings to DRC staff, humanitarian partners and Government stakeholders.
- Develop, organize and deliver trainings for Protection Focal Points in the field on a regular basis to ensure that they are able to do proper monitoring.
- Reporting and Information management:
- Prepare internal weekly protection reports/trackers in English to be submitted to the Protection Team Leader, Protection Manager in accordance with deadline; these reports should summarize protection monitoring activities carried out by the Protection teams and underline key weekly findings;
- Regularly liaise with the DRC Information Management Team and ensure the keeping accurate management of data records and updated trackers.
- Liaising with authorities, UN bodies and other actors:
- Support DRC Protection Team Leader and Protection Manager in liaising with Government authorities, humanitarian agencies, and beneficiary communities and represent DRC in relevant coordination forums and meetings when required;
- Participate and represent DRC Protection in relevant external meetings when requested by the Protection Team Leader and Protection Manager.
- Finance and HR support:
- Under supervision of the Protection Team Leader and Protection Manager, draft relevant financial and procurement documents such as PRs.
- Advance Requests, cash transfer requests, payment of salaries of field-based staff, etc.
Support the Protection Team Leader and Protection Manager in recruiting new Protection Assistants.
- Provide support with translation of programme related documents and interpretation during meetings, trainings, and other relevant activities when needed.
- Conduct and/or support on other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Social Work, Public Health, or related disciplines.
- Training certificates related to protection, protection monitoring, basic principles and guidelines, child protection, human rights.
- At least 3 years experience in protection, community development, social science or health related fields.
- Experience working with vulnerable communities.
- Experience working both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge of protection and human rights.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to use own initiative, analytical skills and ability to identify needs, risks, and vulnerabilities.
- Excellent training, presentation skills, interpersonal skills and ability to work with interpretation.
- Coordination experience within and between agencies.
- Fluency in written and spoken Burmese and English.
- Additional local languages, specifically Rakhine and Muslim, would be an asset.
- Strong communication skill with flexibility, mutual respect and compliance manner.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter, Passport Photo and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.