Deadline: 29 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Support the consideration, inclusion, collection and analysis of indicators related to cash-based interventions and market based approaches within (and across) NRC, where appropriate.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities to implement cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Collaborate with M&E staff at HQ in Norway, other regions, country offices and peer organizations, as requested, in developing best practices, facilitate lessons learned and coordination.
- Support M&E compliance assessments and continuous improvement of M&E standards at country office level.
- Support country offices on data quality and timely reporting of output and outcome indicators into NRC reporting system.
- Support use of data at regional and country level, including development and use of online dashboards and other data management tools.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University degree preferably in statistics, operations research, quantitative analysis, public policy, economics, or other social science fields, with advanced training in rigorous empirical research and evaluation methodologies.
- Experienced professional with minimum 3 years of M&E design and implementation at a senior level.
- Solid experience of work with windows based computer software, SSP, GIS, excellent at Excel and use of Digital Data Gathering (DDG) technology.
- Experience required in contemporary qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method evaluations involving major international donor programs.
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Extensive experience in developing baseline research, logic models, data collection and analysis, mid-term evaluation, and outcome evaluation.
- Fluency in English .
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.