Deadline: 9 June 2016
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Officer in Podgorica, Montenegro.
OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Executive Officer will perform the following functions-
- Is responsible for coordinating the Office of the Head of Mission (HoM), with supervisory duties for the Senior Political Assistant, Senior Language and Political Assistant and the Public Information Assistant.
- Provides policy planning analysis on all aspects affecting the Mission’s mandate, including political developments in the Mission area and region and assesses implications.
- Is responsible for the drafting, editing and coordination of all Mission reporting to be sent to the Secretariat in liaison with staff in the Office of the Head of Mission as required.
- Guides the development and delivery of the Mission’s public affairs strategy and prepares and edits public statements, press releases, speeches and talking points, ensuring relevant information is provided by the relevant Programmes.
- Is responsible for the organization of all Head of Mission led public affairs events.
- Liaises with national and international representatives and officials at the appropriate level, including on all issues relating to protocol.
- Co-ordinates all senior level visits to the Mission and the Head of Mission’s international and local visits, including preparation of all files.
- Accompanies the Head of Mission to external meetings when required.
- Represents the Mission at external events and meetings.
Applicants must have-
- University education in international studies, public policy, political science or law or related fields.
- Diplomatic experience or experience working in political affairs with international organizations or governments.
- Experience in preparing analytical reports.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Previous international work experience in international organizations and/or experience in OSCE field missions.
- Ability to operate windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
- Knowledge of the local language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OSCE.