Deadline: 27 January 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 24 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) will perform the following functions:
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to international staff.
- Liaise with HQ on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely delivery of HR services.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, certificate of sevice, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, absences, performance management etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Focal person for Rest & Recuperation clearances within the stipulated Service Level Agreements.
- Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
- Collect and disseminate staffing statistics for International staff when requested.
- Provide support in recruitment and management of international Consultants and Short term Professionals (e.g. review documents, post vacancy announcements on WFP jobsite, screening, participation in interview.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- 4 or more year’s of progressively responsible work experience – management of International Staff/HR correspondence (letters)/drivers license/Onboarding.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.