Deadline: 18 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Operations in Maputo, Mozambique.
The Chief of Operations will be accountable for management of cost effective, efficient and secure operations, in support of management, administration and implementation of the country programmes.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief of Operations will perform the following functions-
- Manage and ensure the effective, equitable and efficient operations of the office’s finance, human resource and administrative systems to support and facilitate the attainment of programmatic goals and objectives by meeting changing operational requirements.
- Ensure effective operations that promote gender sensitivity and gender parity.
- Advise management and assist in establishing new offices.
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective and transparent utilization of resources through knowledge and technology transfer between offices and consistency of approaches.
- Negotiate cost effective contractual arrangements with service providers as well as with implementing partners as required.
- Play a leadership role in strategic planning and decision-making within the UNICEF Operations.
- Take initiative in development of improved management systems.
- Participate in global and regional strategic planning and policy changes, including formulation on operational matters.
- Develop training activities to ensure effective operational performance and efficiency.
- Develop and implement effective staff learning and development programme activities for both programme and operations staff on operational matters for capacity building.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s) in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, or a directly-related technical field(s) is required.
- Professional certification (CA; CPA; etc.) from an accredited chartered accountancy institution, in conjunction with a relevant first-level (Bachelor’s) university degree in a directly-related technical field (as identified above), may be taken in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in office management, finance, budget, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply and/or administration is required.
- Previous hands on experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity is required.
- Work experience in an emergency duty station is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.