Deadline: 17 January 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Community Engagement Officer in Nampula, Mozambique.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Community Engagement Officer will perform the following functions-
- Design and implement Project’s Community Engagement Strategy.
- Develop, regularly review and update community engagement procedures and tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of project’s community engagement in Mogovolas.
- Ensure Project’s Community Engagement framework is adopted and enacted across projects, including Sponsorship.
- Build and maintain productive internal relationships and use internal/community networks to ensure best practice community engagement practices.
- Deliver staff training for community engagement processes and techniques.
- Ensure relevant communities are consulted at the appropriate time in a project and receive follow up information on the decision-making process and outcome.
- Design and implement a variety of innovative engagement techniques and research methods which facilitate the capture of varying community views and which encourage community engagement.
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree or equivalent in social work, social science, development studies or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- 3 year’s work experience community engagement/community mobilisation.
- Proven capacity to design and implement Community Engagement activities with holistic approach and integrated to child protection right.
- High level of personal integrity, commitment and professional responsibility with CP and GBV exigencies.
- Team player with strong leadership skills.
- Mature personality with life experience is an advantage.
- Ability to be a self-started and work in challenging contexts and fragile environment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.