Deadline: 29 January 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Accountant in Maputo, Mozambique.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Accountant will perform the following functions-
- Payroll Processing
- Preparation of salary related journals for cost recovery purposes.
- Timely processing of payroll related payments as per set deadlines.
- Management of International Payroll including LSW and reconcile every month.
- Backing up HR National payroll process and ensured all related payments are made timely.
- Oversight Management to Pas and other offices
- Carry out oversight of Finance related transactions in Program Areas and Sofala Office, including internal controls check.
- Working closely with Senior Finance Country Accountant, Develop and roll out oversight management tools to assist ERM, PAM and other Managers to effectively monitor budget management.
- Financial Systems and financial reporting
- Review completeness of payment requests and advance liquidations for budget availability and correct coding.
- Work with Regional Office and IH to ensure international payments are made on time.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts reconciliations and ensure completeness.
- Management of staff advances and ensuring timely liquidation as per policy including advance aged analysis report submission.
- Management of intercompany recharges and reconciling the account on weekly basis.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
- 5 year’s experience in a similar role working in a computerized accounting office in an NGO set up.
- Strong experience in working with donor funded projects e.g USAID, CIDA, EU, etc.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Ability to interpret and work accordance with laid down procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, word, internet.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.