Deadline: 30 June 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance & Administration Officer in Beira, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 11 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance & Administration Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead on the implementation of Area office finance and administration management operations, in order to support the timely and effective supply of food assistance, and comply with WFP standards and processes.
- Lead on the delivery of accurate financial reporting and analyses in accordance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), ensuring accuracy, deadlines and compliance with accounting processes and corporate governance requirements.
- Provide financial assessment of partners, service providers, and other entities as needed, providing conclusions to management to enable them to make informed decisions and minimize financial risk to the organisation.
- Lead a team of finance and admin staff, establishing priorities and work plans, monitoring progress, and providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Ensure that bank reconciliation, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures are performed regularly and in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Manage and deliver administrative services, negotiating contracts and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, or First University Degree in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
- 3-5 year’s working experience.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.