Deadline: 6 August 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in Beira, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules, and regulations.
- Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures and assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems, and internal controls.
- Monitor the daily cash position to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
- Monitor the registry system in order to process all payments to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
- Co-ordinate with other teams to ensure that all financial and administrative servicesare being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner,to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
- Monitor and analyze general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in areas related to Finance, Accounting and Business Management.
- Minimum 3 year’s relevant professional work experience in Finance, Accounting, and business management.
- Ability to work in a team, and establish working relations with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Good communication skills – both written and oral in English and in Portuguese.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese both oral and written communication.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.