Deadline: 24 February 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Associate Project Officer in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The National Associate Project Officer will maintain regular contact with and will provide report as necessary to the government and non-governmental counterparts (e.g. KFIT country project team), other stakeholders, donors (notably the Korean Embassy) and UNESCO Headquarters.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Associate Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate KFIT project activities in the country and maintain regular communication among the country project team members, and between the country team and UNESCO, including Headquarters Team.
- Provide technical support in education and ICT in education to the country project team; participate in the production of technical deliverables and policy studies; and provide input to various strategic documents as required.
- Support the management of the KFIT project, including in the management, planning, budgeting, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Organize events related to the project, including workshops, trainings, visits, and manage the administrative aspects of the project (i.e. drafting contracts, drafting TORs for subcontractors, following up on payments, etc.).
- Implement the country-level communication strategy and ensure the appropriate visibility and support of local stakeholders; and provide activity reports for documentation, including relevant documents, photos, materials.
- Ensure partnership building and act as ICT in education focal point for UNESCO in Mozambique.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree (Master or equivalent) in Education, ICTs in Education, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), ICTs or a relevant field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At last 2 years of relevant experience in education.
- Good professional knowledge and experience in education of Mozambique.
- Relevant experience in project management and implementation.
- Experience in open source, mobile and emerging ICT technology and innovation applied to Education is extremely desirable.
- Previous professional experience with the United Nations or with Development Agency is an asset.
- Exposure to UNESCO and its programme fields of competence: Education, Science, Culture, Communication and Information is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge (oral and written) in English and Portuguese.
- Working knowledge of another UN working language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.