Deadline: 24 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Officer will exercise overall responsibility for planning, implementing and managing UN Women interventions under his/her assigned portfolio.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support in the development of the programme portfolio in E-VAW and intersection with HIV and Economic Empowerment.
- Ensure effective, timely and qualitative implementation of all activities under the assigned portfolio aligning to CO Programme.
- Carry out coordination, management and monitoring of financial, administrative, human resources, procurement and logistical matters according to UN Women’s corporate procedures.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate working relations with key stakeholders on relevant aspects of the programme.
- Identify CO and partners technical needs and provide or facilitate access to the necessary technical advice.
- Identify sources of information related to policy-driven issues, and synthesize best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme policy goals to guide programme improvements and future strategic development planning.
- Participate in and provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Proactively and substantively support and implement relevant, high-impact advocacy activities with key partners.
- Promote development and implementation of advocacy approaches at national level on issues related to international commitments on gender equality and women’s empowerment related to the assigned thematic areas.
- Provide support to the CO on inter-agency coordination related activities.
- Prepare substantive inputs to UNDAF related processes in the areas of responsibility.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, political science, development studies, gender/women’s/human rights studies or other related Social Sciences.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments, preferably in the field of gender and human rights of women.
- Proven management experience, preferably within one or more UN entities, with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of project cycle (design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation) and solid knowledge on project operations (including finance, procurement and reporting).
- Experience providing advisory services in the area of gender equality, coordinating programmes with multiple actors in an international context.
- Prior experience working in the UN System will be an asset.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese (verbal and written) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.