Deadline: 24 July 2016
Cesvi is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Beira, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Cesvi mission is to help the underprivileged in developing countries, or those in difficulty due to war, natural calamities and environmental disasters, does not help only those who suffer, but contributes also to the well-being of all of us on the planet, our “common home” that needs to be looked after for the sake of future generations.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Responsible for the overall project management, implementation of the project(s) and for overseeing administration, accounting, procurement and staffing issues related to the project.
- Work in close collaboration with Cesvi Head of Base for the development of a strategy towards an expansion of the Programme in Sofala province.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the activities and ensure that objectives are achieved and that appropriate quality, functioning and assistance is established and maintained for setting up policies, strategies and laws to comply with international conventions and standards.
- Support the identification and planning of new proposals and project ideas to ensure the sustainability of the results achieved with the Action and of Cesvi in Mozambique.
- Provide adequate and timely technical guidance, supervision, capacity building and management support to the local partner and local staff and actors involved in the project.
- Ensure that the right support is given in terms of identification of needs and existing competencies, development of curricula, coordination, supervision, facilitation support and progress assessment.
- Guarantee clear documentation of all project activities, through reports as required and agreed upon with Cesvi HQs and as foreseen by donor guidelines.
- Manage liaisons with local and international NGOs and IGOs, private sector, civil society associations and other counterparts relevant to the project.
- Guarantee proper communication and visibility to project activities in the full respect of Donor’s guidelines and Cesvi HQ communication strategy.
- Attend meetings with local and international NGOs officers, private sector and civil society representatives, whenever required.
Applicants must have-
- University degree or local equivalent is required – It may be in Agriculture or Rural Development, or related fields like Agriculture Economies, Rural Sociology, Range and Natural Resources Management, Environmental Management.
- 5 years of relevant experience in the management and implementation of agricultural development projects.
- Experience in working with local NGOs and CBO’s with a participatory approach.
- Advanced knowledge pertaining to Mozambique’s agricultural development and sector, including best practices suitable for project implementation, desirable.
- In depth understanding of the problems and policies in Mozambique from the agricultural, environmental, political, civil society and social perspectives, specifically with respect to development constraints in the agricultural sector in Mozambique and Southern Africa, desirable.
- Previous experience in management of EU funded development Action, desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in written and spoken Portuguese, desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Cesvi.