Deadline: 14 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Logistics in Pemba, Mozambique.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Logistics will perform the following functions:
- Record daily warehouse transactions in Vision ZSUPPLY module including Goods Receipts from local and offshore sources, Goods Dispatches from the warehouse to implementing partners and end-users.
- Produce and disseminate weekly stock reports from Vision for all MCO Pemba stocks from all warehouses, with a clear analysis of trends, ageing, regular country programme vs pre-positioned stocks, major commodity types and make recommendations for replenishment or dispatches accordingly.
- Oversee day-to-day operations in the Pemba contracted warehouse with minimum once a week visits to the facility.
- Reconcile, and update if necessary, Vision stock data with contractor’s stock data using stock receipts and dispatches.
- Ensure stocks are properly arranged for ease of visibility and counting.
- Conduct physical inventory of the warehouses biannually.
- Reconcile Vision vs physical stocks for any variances with explanations.
- Prepare PSB submissions for any disposal or write-off action of stock with justification in coordination with the Logistics Officer in Maputo.
- Follow up on Release Orders from Pemba Sections.
- Prepare waybills for dispatch of supplies from warehouse to consignees.
- Verify and certify warehouse storage and handling invoices as per monthly stock movements and related warehousing contract.
- Maintain an up-to-date electronic and physical filing system of stock records regarding warehouse transactions.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and/or Logistics, or Business and Administration or related field is an asset.
- Minimum 7 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience in the areas of procurement, supply or logistics and/or other directly related technical field is required, with an understanding of development and humanitarian work.
- Familiar with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
- Nationality of Mozambique.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.