Deadline: 18 May 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the development of Programme activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with Gender Policies and guidance.
- Undertake gender analysis of food and cash assistance Programmes, (for example: School Feeding, Post-harvest Loss, nutrition, FFA).
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partner staff and Government representatives by developing training materials, designing and overseeing the delivery of Gender training activities.
- Develop and coordinate Gender data gathering and analysis in coordination with M&E staff.
- Support the Reporting Unit in ensuring reports and funding proposals include relevant and up to date Gender information.
- Produce operational research and analytical products of relevance to Gender.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration in the area of Gender.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships in the area of Gender.
- Lead implementation of the annual Gender Action Plan.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Post-secondary certificate in Gender, Human Rights or international development.
- 5 or more year’s progressive experience in implementing technical programs with increased level of responsibility relevant to gender and inclusion.
- Experience providing input to policy discussions.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Portuguese.
- Knowledge in at least one local Language(Desirable).
- Nationality of Mozambique.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.