Deadline: 15 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following functions:
- Communication materials
- Ensure that the production of communication products and materials is timely executed and followed up to support country communication strategy, regional and global campaigns and priorities and to support resource mobilization as set out in the work plan.
- Media relations
- Effective and timely professional assistance and support are provided in developing, drafting and maintaining contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, radio, web etc. – in the country, to communicate the story of UNICEF’s cooperation to a wider audience.
- Digital media
- Expand social media to promote public awareness and debate on key child rights concerns and to build a constituency of support including managing UNICEF Facebook account and responding to comments.
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Regular monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country communication efforts.
- Ensure results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- 1 year’s practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- International and national work experience (for IP).
- Field work experience (for NO).
- Knowledge and experience of mobilizing mainstream media and development of communication products is an asset.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.