Deadline: 16 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Assistant in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist the Communications Officer and Communications Analyst in the implementation of a communication strategy, ensuring the flow of accurate information about the Fund.
- Maintain an inventory of LIFT visibility items, such as t-shirts, stickers, caps, umbrellas, etc.
- Maintain an efficient electronic and hard-copy filing system, keeping contact lists updated.
- Handle travel, TA and accommodation arrangements for the Communications Unit.
- Assist in preparation of material needed for workshops, seminars, briefings, and the Annual Forum organized by LIFT.
- Prepare design of, and materials for, LIFT promotional booths at events.
- Ensure appropriate logistical arrangements for meetings (e.g. location, refreshments, power point facilities, etc.).
- Ensure meeting documents are circulated in a timely manner.
- Assist in Photographing events and, occasionally, field visits.
- Assist with maintenance of LIFT’s library of studies and surveys.
- Assisting to ensure that these are shared with appropriate audiences.
- Assist the communications analyst to research, write and edit content that is clear, concise and effectively conveys key messages to target audiences.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for the LIFT website, newsletters and social media channels.
- Maintain LIFT’s press clippings library.
- Maintain analytic data for LIFT’s website and social media.
- Assist with the preparation of materials in English and Myanmar on project implementation for use by media.
- Assist the communications analyst to identify translation needs on an ongoing basis and liaise with translators.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary education is required.
- University degree in business administration, communications or other related fields would be an advantage.
- Diploma or High School certificate with certification in communications (Media Studies, Journalism, Political Science, or International Relations) would be an advantage.
- Experience for at least 5 years in the area of operations, office management is required.
- Experience with commercial print management is highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office are required.
- Proficiency in Photo shop, Indesign and Illustrator is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Drupal is desirable.
- Translating experience would be an advantage.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.