Deadline: 22 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Communications Specialist will work in accordance with UNOPS policies, procedures and practices.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop and implement an external communication strategy for LIFT, setting out the key communications challenges faced by LIFT and how these will be addressed.
- Lead the LIFT communications team.
- Support the LIFT Fund Management team in ensuring that monitoring and evaluation evidence generated by LIFT is used effectively to inform programme and policy development in Myanmar.
- Ensuring that succinct and accurate minutes are taken of all Fund Board meetings.
- Ensuring key Fund Board decisions are communicated effectively to the Fund Manager, implementing partners, government and other stakeholders.
- Creating and implementing visibility guidelines.
- Ensuring that the contributions from donors and the role of UNOPS in LIFT are given appropriate coverage and visibility in all publications, promotional activities (e.g. print/media, audio/video, etc.) and on the website.
- Providing accurate information to the local press including press statements.
- Ensuring rapid co-ordination of responses to questions and queries raised about LIFT.
- Assess the communications materials of LIFT partners to ensure that they are appropriate and relevant to the communities in which they are used.
- Leading the organization of an annual learning event to showcase LIFT and its partners.
- Organizing report launches and knowledge-sharing events.
- Preparing informative material on LIFT-funded projects for use by donors, media and other stakeholders.
- Identifying and obtaining feature stories, video, photography and other materials to support LIFT and global advocacy efforts.
Applicants must have-
- Master degree in communication, media studies, journalism, development studies, international or public relations is required or a first-class university degree in related fields combined with extensive experience in similar responsible position.
- Minimum 5 years with relevant working experience in the livelihoods and food security field is required.
- Preferably in a developing country.
- Significant experience in South-East Asia would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the political, economic and social situation in Myanmar is desirable.
- Proven ability to write excellent technical reports and policy briefs in the area of agriculture and/or rural development are desirable.
- Excellent presentation skills would be an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Myanmar language would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.