Deadline: 10 August 2016
International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Community Outreach Expert in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 5 months.
The Community Outreach Expert will work closely with the National Outreach Coordinator and Community Outreach Officers to oversee the design and delivery of outreach programs for the Rule of Law Centres initiative.
IDLO empowers people and enables governments to reform laws and institutions that promote peace, justice, social development and sustainable economic growth.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Community Outreach Expert will perform the following functions-
- Providing overall strategic direction and technical guidance to the Rule of Law Centre’s community outreach program, including implementation, and adjustment and further development of the Community Outreach Strategy in accordance with the Project goals and workplan.
- Line Managing and mentoring and coaching support to the National Outreach Coordinator and Outreach Officers as they take the lead in implementing Rule of Law Centre outreach programs.
- Providing Support and Oversight to Community Outreach officers in each ROLC location to plan and implement outreach activities including Community Forums, Legal Discussions, Mobile Trainings graduate meetings and any follow up support programs.
- Providing Support and Oversight to Community Outreach officers in each ROLC to finalize a stakeholder and beneficiary mapping for each centre location and in conducting a stakeholder analysis.
- Leading the design of follow up support to beneficiary groups and community fora to address priority local justice issues in each ROL Centre resources in line with project strategy and resources.
- Overseeing the development and dissemination of public legal awareness materials.
- Liaising with the Communications Officer to ensure high quality and regular profiling of outreach activities at the Centres as per the Project’s Communications Strategy.
- Liaising with the National Training Coordinator and Capacity Development Expert to ensure good coordination with training activities including mobile trainings.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in law, development studies, communications or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the following thematic areas would be an asset: Civil Society Support, Human Rights, Access to Justice or Rule of Law, Legal Aid and Alternative and Informal Dispute Resolution Mechanisms.
- 7 years of experience in designing and delivering community-based legal outreach programs in the justice sector.
- Experience on initiatives to increase public legal awareness and improve trust and access to justice services is a strong asset.
- Prior experience developing and implementing a range of outreach activities, including community and discussions, creation of public legal awareness materials, community theatre, radio and TV programming, and online based approaches.
- Experience in providing capacity development support including providing mentoring and coaching to colleagues is an asset.
- Prior experience working in developing and/or transitional contexts.
- Experience living and working in Myanmar.
- Knowledge of the Myanmar political and legal context and specifically the justice sector in Myanmar is a strong asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Knowledge of the local language (Myanmar language) would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter via website.
For more information, please visit IDLO.