Deadline: 21 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Equity and Social Inclusion Analyst in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Equity and Social Inclusion Analyst will represent an exciting opportunity to work in a large multi-donor trust fund, contributing to the 3MDG’s Health for All team and working closely with diverse local organizations to strengthen their capacity and sustainability, in particular on gender equality and on social inclusion issues.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Equity and Social Inclusion Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Support the implementation of the 3MDG Accountability, Equity and Inclusion (AEI) Framework in relation to the three Components of 3MDG programming detailed above.
- Support the development of partner AEI proposals, activities, targets, budgets and log frames, ensuring those proposals are linked to relevant strategies and policies.
- Prepare Terms of Reference for expressions of interest and Requests for Proposals to be launched on behalf of 3MDG, and evaluate submissions.
- Support the development of annual AEI costed work plans for the Fund.
- Support the 3MDG Fund and implementing partners to integrate the AEI approach into health programmes to deliver upon objectives within the AEI Strategy.
- Foster the establishment of township level AEI mechanisms, with a focus on gender equality and social inclusion.
- Engage and advocate with the Ministry of Health (at all levels) and other relevant partners to support the implementation of national commitments on gender, transparency, equity and inclusion.
- Establish/maintain excellent contacts and networking with stakeholders involved in support to CBOs/LNGOs, civil society, gender equality and social inclusion.
- Promote information sharing and networking on all aspects related to gender equality and social inclusion in Myanmar.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and 2 years relevant experience in social science, humanities, public health, social development or public policy with specialization in health equity and social determinants of health is required.
- Master’s Degree in social science, humanities, public health, social development or public policy with specialization in health equity and social determinants of health is preferable.
- 2 years of experience in gender equality, social inclusion and civil society capacity building and grant management required.
- Knowledge and skills in approaches to strengthening national policies for equity and translating those policies into action at the community level preferable.
- Knowledge of conflict sensitivity approaches and best practices is preferable.
- Demonstrated experience in mentorship, training and capacity building is preferable.
- Experience with UN is preferable.
- MS Office Knowledge and computer literacy, including knowledge and application of Microsoft Excel and Access is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Myanmar Language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.