Deadline: 2 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Associate will be responsible for Capacity Building, Monitoring and Assurance.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support Finance Officer (Capacity Building, Monitoring and Assurance) in conducting assessment of financial management capacities of the newly appointed SRs and any other additional capacity assessment as required per the Global Fund.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive, tailor-made capacity building plans for SRs.
- Support financial oversight of SRs mechanisms and internal control systems.
- Assist in reviewing the SRs financial reports to ensure that the SRs’ only eligible expenditure are incurred and are correctly reported, and appropriate prior approvals are requested and received.
- Assist in organizing SRs annual external audits ensuring that they are completed as per the set timelines.
- Provide support to Finance Officer (Capacity Building, Monitoring and Assurance) to respond to Local Fund Agent (LFA) queries and during SR expenditure verification by LFA.
- Provide support to Finance Officer (Capacity Building, Monitoring and Assurance) during the audits conducted by UNOPS’ Internal Audit and Investigation Group.
- Ensure SR compliance both internal or external are resolved in a timely and adequate manner.
- Prepare meeting minutes and reports from meetings and follow up action taken as required.
- Analyze and interpret UNOPS financial regulations and rules (FRRs) and coordinate with the Finance Management Officer to ensure compliance of the FRRs.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education diploma or equivalent is required.
- University degree preferably in finance, accounting, business administration or related area would be an advantage.
- Secondary education with minimum 6 years of experience in financial management and preferably with an international organization.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations will be an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software package (MS Office 2010 and/or newer versions) and accounting software is required.
- Previous successful involvement in a similar position with the UN system would be an asset.
- Fluency in both oral and written in English and Myanmar is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.