Deadline: 8 December 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Senior Officer in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Senior Officer will perform the following functions:
- Implementation of operational and financial management strategies
- Ensure changes in UNOPS operational strategies and systems are implemented at project level.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements, UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations, Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions.
- Adapt processes and procedures for budget and financial reporting in line with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations and best practice in Fund Management.
- Collaborate in the improvement of the UNOPS budget formulation system, by updating and proposing change to facilitate efficient financial management and enhance financial reporting through the system.
- Budget preparation/management
- Preparation of the programme budget.
- Regular analysis and reporting on the budget and the delivery situation.
- Monitoring of expenditures against budget allotments and reporting on variances.
- Coordinate closely with the MCFU for budget management of grants to the government.
- Keep up to date with guidelines and procedures for the purpose of complying, streamlining and/or strengthening of existing financial and budgetary procedures.
- Communicate regularly with colleagues to ensure full control over the budget and sharing of information relevant for budget management related to Project/MCFU across the team.
- Cash Management
- Organization and oversight of cash management processes, timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions.
- Timely review of cash position to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements.
- Identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Monitoring of the delivery and income of the Fund.
- Manage the fund flow in close collaboration with the programme and contracts team, for the Fund.
Applicants must have:
- Masters’ Degree in accounting, financial management, treasury management, business management, business administration or related field is required.
- 2 year’s of similar experience with a Bachelor’s Degree is considered as equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent professional qualification is an asset.
- 2 years’ of professional-level experience in accounting or budgeting, financial management with responsibility for project accounting and preparation of financial statements, in an international organization providing financial management services is required.
- Knowledge of UNOPS financial rules and regulations is an asset.
- Experience in Financial Auditing is preferred.
- Experience with G Suite is an asset.
- Knowledge of ERP and using financial management electronic systems is desired.
- Knowledge of English and Myanmar language is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.