Deadline: 21 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health & Nutrition Specialist in Myitkyina, Myanmar.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health & Nutrition Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management, in partnerships with key stakeholders and with contribution of knowledge institutions.
- Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of Integrated Health & Nutrition strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership.
- Partnership with global funds, multilateral and bilateral agencies and development banks, as well as relations with the private sector enhanced and exploited efficiently, in order to formulate common advocacy position and influence allocation of resources, as well as investment decisions on behalf of Health and Nutrition.
- Work plan and objectives are strategically established, implementation support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through application of technical expertise, in consultation with all relevant partners.
- Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
- Gender/sex disaggregated data and inputs provided, relevant to the Health and Nutrition programme.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health and Nutrition, Child Development, Water Sanitation, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced University Degree. M.B.B.S Degree.
- 5 year’s professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring, and evaluation of technical cooperation programmes related to Health and Nutrition.
- Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in child survival & development, health and nutrition care.
- Working experience in emergency including sector /cluster coordination at sub-national level.
- English language fluency and skills of Microsoft package.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.