Deadline: 5 July 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Associate in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Human Resources Associate will provide the administration of human resources and its related services in terms of quality, timely and properly recorded/documented recruitment processes and accuracy of work completed.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Associate will perform the following functions-
- Ensure full compliance of HR processes and records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provide input to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor.
- Assist the supervisor to ensure all submissions are complete and take independent and timely decisions to meet objectives.
- Contribute to development and implementation of the recruitment system and tools for vacancy management and the maintenance of standards, skills inventory, interview procedures and protocols.
- Assist the supervisor for tracking and reporting on recruitment issues and trends.
- Review of Requests for Personnel Action (RPA) forms to ensure correct budget allocation and for separating staff, verification that no financial obligations are due to UNOPS.
- Maintain the updated rosters for consultant.
- Monitor and track transactions to ensure timely, consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus.
- Assist in the research of precedents and analysis of merits of specific requests and presentation of recommendations/solutions to supervisor.
- Provide briefing to staff on the conditions of service related to contracts and/or appointments/transfers.
- Ensure necessary documentation related to allowances, appointments and contracts are completed for all recruitment.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree may substitute required years of work experience.
- Specialized certification in HR would be an asset.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive experience in supporting a human resource management area is required.
- Direct experience in managing staff, operational systems, support services and working directly with clients is significantly preferred.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems would be an asset.
- Experience with UN is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Atlas or HR information system is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.