Deadline: 16 September 2018
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Director in Yangon, Myanmar.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Director will perform the following functions:
- Development of an organisational culture that reflects our dual mandate values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for the members and donors .
- Help design and implement a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices and appropriate to program needs.
- Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with government authorities, partner agencies including humanitarian and development donors, and local and international NGOs.
- Ensure the Country Office complies with all Save the Children Management Operating Standards and Standard Operating Procedures .
- Ensure that all required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies, working closely with the Regional Office.
- Develop a culture of performance management across the organization, where staff are held accountable and rewarded for high performance.
- Lead implementation and maintenance of a fit for purpose performance management system that is in alignment with organizational goals.
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted regularly by supervisors.
- Provide training and advise to managers on effective implementation of performance management system including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Analyse on an ongoing basis the organisational staffing profile and, in conjunction with senior managers, advising on job holder competencies and skills in light of changing contexts and content.
- Provide guidance on staff capacity building and in formulating the annual HRD plan including in-house training programs such as performance management workshops and orientation programmes.
- Manage the talent management strategy and establish succession planning.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree (3 years + education post secondary school).
- Post Graduate Degree in a relevant field (MBA, MD, MPH), or professional qualification would be desirable.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Human Resources with at least 6 years’ experience in management.
- Significant experience of implementing and managing HR practices, including recruitment, compensations and benefits, performance management, L&D induction, HR Database.
- Significant experience of designing and writing policies, defining procedures and managing disciplinary cases.
- Experience and ability to set up a vision and a people strategy for the organisation.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements.
- Strong ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders, even with no direct authority.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and covering letter in English through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.