Deadline: 22 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Compliance Associate in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Compliance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Assist in providing guidance and advice on financial management and internal control matters to project staff.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports ensuring compliance with UNOPS financial regulations and rules and donor requirements.
- Analysis of reports, investigation and preparation of adjustment as required.
- Assist in quarterly and year-end financial closure for programme and project accounts in accordance with UNOPS guidelines.
- Monitor and follow-up the implementation of cost sharing arrangements for MMOC shared services.
- Keep track and calculate of project and admin asset depreciation.
- Budget preparation and monitoring project budgets.
- Provide support to audits conducted by UNOPS’ Internal Audit and Investigation Group.
- Provide support to independent and objective reviews of the MMOC programmes and projects to assess compliance with UNOPS Financial regulations and rules, Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions.
- Assist in the coordination and follow-up on internal and external audits, including monitoring of the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Review and monitor of asset register and reconciliation.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Diploma or certification in finance-related subjects or business administration essential.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible finance experience with a national or international organization in providing financial management services, etc.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles and best practices required.
- Prior experience with international organizations in financial management will be preferred.
- Knowledge of UN financial regulations and rules is an asset.
- Previous working experience with PeopleSoft Financials is an asset.
- Prior auditing experience, either as an auditor or auditee will be preferred.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar languages required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.