Deadline: 13 August 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring Assistant in Pangkham, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Monitoring Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Verify the planned movements and distritbution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Collect assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programe reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from coorperating partners, beneficiaries and beneficiaries , to support identifying programmematic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for coorperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to documents programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
- Collect and compile the M & E (COMET) required data and upload in system for assigned area.
- Verified and assessed activities and assist technical persons in the process of activities identification and implementation.
- Coordination with government department to support identifying programmatic activities with a view to fostering efficient operations in township level.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary school education, supplemented with experience or additional education in education, social services, nutrition, agriculture or other related field.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Myanmar.
- Ability to communicate in local language is an asset.
- 3 year’s of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of monitoring, nutrition, food security, community development, or another related field.
- Experience analyzing programme output and outcome data.
- General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards is an advantage.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.