Deadline: 4 September 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Nutrition Specialist in Naypyitaw, Myanmar.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Nutrition Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work closely with and liaise regularly with the focal personal of National Nutrition Centre (NNC), of the Ministry of Health and Sports and with the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MoALI), particularly Department of Planning (DoP).
- Facilitate the setup of a FBDG Technical Task Force (TTF) and jointly agree on Terms of Reference, respective responsibilities, and work programme, by working closely with the UNICEF National Nutrition Consultant.
- Support from ESN, RAP, and International Nutrition Technical Expert, review FBDG design methodology, document and adapt it to the Myanmar context, and present it to NNC and the TTF.
- Finalize FBDG guidance manual including methodology for roll-out in Myanmar.
- Support development of the FBDG’s subject matter, evidence review process.
- Guideline and key messages for posters and leaflets for the target groups, working closely with the UNICEF National Nutrition Consultant, the creative agency, TTF, NNC, and in close consultation with the FAO Lead Technical Officer, FAO International Nutrition Technical Expert, FAO headquarters nutrition team.
- Support the FAO International Nutrition Technical Expert to manage and update the FCT, food exchanges list and serving sizes and participate in the diet modelling work, to prepare and fine-tune the Thai FCT by adding missing nutrient values.
- Support the FAO International Nutrition Technical Expert on diet modelling exercises, document the diet modelling procedures to develop a reference diet model for consideration, and adapting the reference diet model to different age groups for FBDGs development, as needed, in consultation with the Technical Task Force, NNC and FAO HQ.
- Facilitate the discussions between NNC, MoALI and Technical Task Force team, as well as FAO technical experts and the creative agency on serving sizes, food guides and food graphics based on the country evidence report, secondary data, and focus group.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in nutrition, dietetics or food science is preferable.
- Degree in public health or a closely related field may also be considered.
- 5 year’s experience in food and nutrition, public health or a related field.
- Experience in the development of Food-based Dietary Guidelines and in nutrition counselling is desirable.
- Experience in engaging with diverse nutrition stakeholders.
- Experience in writing and publishing technical reports for the government, international developmental agency or international NGO.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.