Deadline: 21 August 2016
International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Trainer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 5 months.
The National Trainer will help organize and deliver training and community outreach events under the ROL Centers Project Phase II.
IDLO empowers people and enables governments to reform laws and institutions that promote peace, justice, social development and sustainable economic growth.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Trainer will perform the following functions-
- Foundation in ROL courses for law teachers, lawyers and community representatives – 10 days duration.
- Mobile intensive trainings for community leaders – 2 days duration.
- Legal skills or specific legal topic workshops – 2 days duration.
- Participate and deliver training in Community Outreach Events organized at each Rule of Law Center.
- Support the organization and logistics of each training event within the Rule of Law Center.
- Administer and analyze pre-training and post-training tests of participants understanding of the training topics and provide an assessment of success of the training based on the results of these tests.
- Produce training reports that provide an individualized assessment for participants, capture the attainment of the learning outcomes, recommendations made by participants on how to improve the performance of legal practitioners and any recommendations for future trainings at the end of the training.
- Provide technical assistance and training within the areas of his/her professional competence.
- Conduct post training mentoring and coaching sessions with trainees.
- Draft debriefs reports including reports about mentoring and coaching sessions and sends it to National Training Coordinator.
- Ensure that working files are integrated, correspondence, reports, payment documents filed, and essential documents filed probably and scanned.
- Work closely with the Training Development Officer and Legal Advisor to revise and adjust curricula as needed.
- Coordinate all training activities with Team; and any other duties that may be assigned by the Senior Capacity Development Advisor.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Law or related discipline is required.
- 5 years of significant relevant professional experience including working in the justice system in Myanmar.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering rule of law or related training.
- Work experience in either capacity development, program management or prior involvement in organizational change processes would be a considerable asset.
- Familiarity with the Myanmar legal system and/or local justice issues is a distinct advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previously completed the ROL Centres Foundations in ROL course and/or Training of Trainers courses.
- Fluency in Myanmar and English is required.
- Knowledge of other language spoken in Myanmar particularly Kachin and Shan would be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter via website.
For more information, please visit IDLO.