Deadline: 22 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Operations Assistant will work in close collaboration with the 3MDG Performance Management Unit (PMU), and support services of the Myanmar Operations Hub (MMOH).
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance to UNOPS rules and regulations of all 3MDG travel and administrative processes, as well as event management including the administrative/logistical support related to high-level visits.
- Organize and coordinate with the PMU team the travel management for official missions and update PSU relevant entries in the 3MDG travel-database as defined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Track travel and prepare brief materials in preparation as required for mission travel and /or discussion on project activities during the missions.
- Obtain relevant government authorizations from the concerned ministries for domestic travel of personnel.
- Coordinate with MMOH HR to regularly verify the accuracy of the information presented in the 3MDG personnel information and data sheets.
- Assist in managing 3MDG vehicle transportation requirements with centralized fleet management at the Myanmar Operations Hub.
- Liaise and follow up with the MMOH Common Services Procurement Office for 3MDG requisitions, requesting appropriate actions and monitoring of the implementation of resulting contracts established by the MMOH Procurement Office.
- Respond to routine assets related queries from personnel within the office, from MMOH and from Headquarters.
- Undertake admin arrangements (e.g.: sourcing, contracting, logistics) for trainings, workshops and meetings in close liaison with the PMU.
- Draft routine correspondence related to the unit’s work and type varieties of materials such as correspondences, reports and papers.
- Prepare informal translation from Myanmar language into English and English to Myanmar language when required.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary education is required.
- Additional training in administrative and business practices an asset.
- University degree would be an advantage.
- 5 years of experience as an operations assistant or similar function, experience is required and experience with the UN would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of UN policies and procedures, especially with regard to procurement of personnel, goods and services desirable.
- Good computer skills, including MS Office would be advantage.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource (Planning / Financial Management) systems is desirable.
- Project Management certification (e.g. Prince 2 Foundation) desirable.
- Written and oral English and fluency in Burmese required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.