Deadline: 2 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for assisting the coordination and implementation of procurement activities, to ensure timely, cost effective and safe delivery of goods and services to clients.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assisting in preparation of all necessary documentation for procurement of goods and services in accordance with UNOPS rules and regulations, including RFQ, ITB, RFP contracts or any other documents as needed.
- Maintaining the records on procurement process and related documents and files to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Maintaining a database of suppliers.
- Drafting all correspondence related to procurement including letters to vendors, insurance claims, replacement of damage equipments as required.
- Raising purchase orders, seek approval and dispatch as and when required in connection with procurement procedures.
- Monitoring deliverables under contracts awarded and prepare documentation for authorization of payments to suppliers.
- Preparing reports and monitor administrative and project expenditure as appropriate.
- Undertaking field missions when required.
- Assisting in maintaining the database of LTAs and Catalogues.
- Keeping abreast of relevant products/services market developments.
Applicants must have-
- University degree is required. Preferably in the field of pharmacy.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in procurement and/or related fields is required.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations in procurement will be an asset.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations, particularly UNOPS procurement procedures and quality assurance procedures would be a great advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2007 and/or newer versions) is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Burmese required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.