Deadline: 21 October 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Associate in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Associate will perform the following functions:
- Build and maintain customer/ stakeholders relationships.
- Provide timely and effective procurement services and operations to clients/partners.
- Establish procurement plans/define procurement methodology.
- Prepare requests for quotation and invitations to bid for ad-hoc requests in accordance with UNOPS.
- Assist in development of technical specifications in cooperation with clients including advisory services.
- Assist in negotiation and preparation of relevant commercial and technical documentation including terms and conditions.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Business Administration, Management, Economic, Commence, or related subject is an asset and may substitute some required years of work experience.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant progressive experience in procurement and/or its related fields is required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft procurement module and UN Web buy an advantage.
- Knowledge of UN and/or rules and regulations in procurement will be an asset.
- Basic understanding of Logistics and Incoterms 2010 required.
- Good knowledge of international public procurement practices and experiences with market analysis in this field an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications essential.
- Full working knowledge in written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.