Deadline: 27 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Associate in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Procurement Associate will be responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Associate will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Inputs to the office’s procurement business processes mapping and to the elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Collaboration with Partners and 3MDG Fund Management Office Performance Management Unit in the preparation of their procurement plan.
- Collaboration in the development and implementation of a procurement management system in respect of planning, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the 3MDG Fund.
- Maintenance and update of procurement monitoring system and provision of feedback on purchase orders to requesting Partner.
- Ensuring all procurement activities are supported by sufficient funds and requisitions approved by either by external Partners or internal budget holders.
- Defining with requesting entity the best way of providing goods, works and services, including procurement deadlines for each stage.
- Prepares payment requests in accordance with UNOPS financial rules and regulations upon receiving the appropriate shipping documents.
- Follows up on outstanding payment requests and ensures payment terms as agreed with suppliers are adhered to.
- Ensures compliance with Myanmar Custom Clearance regulations.
Applicants must have-
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- University degree in the area of procurement or any related field would be an asset.
- Professional certification in the field of procurement (from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or elsewhere) would be an asset.
- Project Management Certification (e.g. Prince 2 Foundation) would be an asset.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in the provision or management of Procurement services is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Contract Administration in Procurement is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Procurement Reporting is required.
- Experience in medical supplies procurement would be an asset;
- Experience in UN procurement rules and regulations would be an asset.
- Experience in Customs and Port clearance would be an asset.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software (e.g. UNOPS uses Atlas) would be an asset.
- Experience in Warehousing would be an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Myanmar is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.