Deadline: 28 October 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Senior Assistant in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Senior Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Administrative Procurement Support Services
- Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Process procurement transactions in UNOPS’ corporate system OneUNOPS.
Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients.
Monitor expenditures against allocations.
- Client Services Client Relationships/ Stakeholder Management
- Actively work with clients to provide and exchange information on a variety of issues in procurement processes and transactions, to deliver correct and timely services.
- Provide standardized procurement services, guidance and information to staff of the Business Unit on routine processes and procedures.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- University Degree in pharmacy, medicine, business administration, public administration or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- 5 year’s experience in support services preferably in procurement.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is desirable.
- Experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable
- Knowledge of English and fluency in Myanmar Language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.