Deadline: 15 September 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Development and Implementation of procurement strategies.
- Management of procurement processes.
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Team Management.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, Pharmacy
or related field.
- University Degree in combination with a minimum 7 year’s qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience at the international level or in combination with 3 year’s at the national level, in advising on, implementing policies and procedures to deliver a range of complex procurement programmes and services is required.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing and developed countries is an asset.
- Personnel supervisory experience in procurement is desirable.
- Knowledge of UN/ /UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.