Deadline: 12 August 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Analyze monitoring reports of food quantities and receipts and verify with Logistics data.
- Analyze on a monthly basis, overall number and status of persons receiving food and non-food assistance.
- Assist in managing data entry in COMET system (Country Office Tool for Managing programme operations Effectively), WFP’s corporate Programme database.
- Provide technical support in managing daily updates of beneficiary figures for emergency responses/operation scale-up.
- Liaise with field offices and OIM to manage beneficiary figures and validate data.
- Conduct rigorous data quality checks on data collected and liaise with other units to resolve any issues or obtain additional information required.
- Support monthly reporting of beneficiary figures to the Regional Bureau.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners and other agencies as required.
- Provide technical support to updating distribution plans and monitoring status reports of sub-offices.
- Prepare monitoring reports as required (periodic reports, statistical information and tables).
Applicant must have:
- University Degree, or equivalent experience, in one or more of the following disciplines Social Sciences, International Affairs, Business Administration, Development Studies, or, a field relevant to International Development or Humanitarian Assistance.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible experience, of which at least 1 year’s was closely related to M&E.
- At least 1 year’s at the G5 level or equivalent.
- Experience using statistical analytical software (such as SPSS, STATA, SAS, etc) and WFP’s Information System (WINGS) or SAP an advantage.
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and others standard WFP software packages and systems.
- Sound judgment, critical reflection skills, resourcefulness, and, initiative.
- Ability to extract, format and analyse data, and to resolve operational problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Familiarity with relief and development work with strong analytical/Excel skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Fluency in both oral and written in English and Myanmar.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.