Deadline: 22 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Yangoon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Associate will ensure effective delivery of the programme activities consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Creation of a project in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project output.
- Compiling team’s inputs during the process of budget planning and forecasting, and tracking of delivery against forecasts.
- Preparation of procurement plans and performing required monitoring and updates.
- Review of Financial Reports, preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Tracking of and reporting on allocated resources, as assigned.
- Based on the approved donor contribution agreement, ensure funds are utilized in accordance with the donor contribution agreements.
- Proactive participation and provision of comments during the review of programme reports.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff in the key functions carried out by the programme associate.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in the key functions carried out by the Programme Associate.
- Ensuring timely production and process of Performance Evaluations for all consultancies.
- Maintaining an effective filing system online and offline in accordance with UNDP procedures.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Previous experience in the UN system is an advantage.
- Knowledge of UNDP rules and regulations and experience in UNDP Atlas system is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems is a must.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar in both speaking and writing.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.