Deadline: 26 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Coordinator in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Coordinator will be responsible for liaison with government counterparts, donors, and UN Agencies.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the FMO’s programme unit:
- Arranging fair and timely assessment of proposals submitted for funding and making recommendations to the Fund Board on funding proposals that are consistent with LIFT’s strategy and operating guidelines.
- Ensuring that all LIFT’s geographic and thematic programmes are consistent with LIFT’s gender strategy.
- Organizing field visits of Fund Board members or other relevant stakeholders.
- Represent the programme unit internally within the FMO with both the knowledge and advocacy unit and the programme support unit:
- Ensuring that key lessons of LIFT-funded projects are identified, documented and shared appropriately.
- Supporting the development of LIFT briefing papers in areas related to agriculture, livelihoods and rural development.
- In close collaboration with the Fund Director, represent LIFT with its important stakeholders:
- Engaging with the government to ensure that relevant departments are appropriately involved in LIFT programme development and that programme results are feed back to relevant departments in a regular and timely manner.
- Supporting LIFT’s civil society engagement activities.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in economics, agricultural economics, agriculture, management, development economics, rural development or related field is required.
- 2 years of similar experience with a Bachelor’s Degree is considered as equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant technical experience in a field related to rural development, economic and/or social policy development or livelihoods is required.
- 4 years of this experience should be professional-level field experiences in developing countries.
- Significant experience in rural development programme management is essential.
- Significant professional experience in more than one country context is essential. At least one should have been a developing country.
- Significant professional experience in Southeast Asia is preferred.
- Experience working and/or cooperating with multiple development partners, including donor governments, would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the political, economic and social situation in Myanmar is desirable.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access) is required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.