Deadline: 17 November 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Office Advisor in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Office Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Lead and manage the reporting and budgeting teams.
- Ensure program financial information is compiled and maintained in a strategically relevant manner to inform funding decisions.
- Optimize the use of existing databases and financial information systems to respond to queries on the Fund’s status.
- Ownership of ad-hoc and regular internal and external stakeholder financial reporting requirements.
- Work closely with other Programme Support Units (PSU) as well as Programme and Procurement Units to enable a continuous flow of information, knowledge and best practice sharing.
- Act as focal point on financial matters to the Global Fund Country Team.
- Member of the Senior Management Team of ARHC.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration or related subjects is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with additional 2 year’s relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Association of Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is highly desirable.
- 7 year’s progressively responsible professional accounting experience with responsibility for complex project/programme accounting and preparation of financial statements, budget management and reporting, in a highly computerized environment.
- Knowledge of UNOPS financial rules and regulations would be an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of second UN working language desirable.
- Fluency in French and English (reading, writting and speaking) required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.