Deadline: 26 November 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer – Financial Inclusion/Private sector in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer – Financial Inclusion/Private sector will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the proposal evaluation committee and evaluating proposals including work plans and budgets submitted by applicants and ensuring that proposals, especially in the areas of financial inclusion/private sector/agriculture are in compliance with Fund policy and priorities as well as in line with national frameworks where they exist, and that proposals take into account work undertaken or planned by the government or other donors.
- Organize programme discussions on common activities and outcomes Develop, revise and update the reporting and monitoring tools for financial inclusion, private sector and agricultural development projects through coordination with LIFT team and implementing partners.
- Support LIFT’s investment in financial inclusion and agriculture sectors through private sector to strengthen the rural financial system, and establish a competitive market structure, in line with the LIFT strategy.
- Assess the enabling environment and investment opportunities, and identify opportunities for private sector engagement.
- Manage the timely submission to the LIFT Programme Officer (Financial inclusion, Private Sector Partnership of key reports from implementing partners’ reports such as monthly updates and inputs to LIFT’s semi-annual and annual reports.
- Conduct regular project monitoring visits and prepare field visit reports.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, agricultural economics, agriculture, management, development studies, rural development, or a related field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in the above mentioned areas in combination with an additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- 5 years of relevant experience in Program/Project management related to promoting affordable financial services, private sector partnership or agricultural development is required.
- Working knowledge of Microfinance best practices and agricultural knowledge are highly preferred.
- Experience in liaising, coordinating and communicating with the Government and implementing partners is desirable.
- Fluency in both English and Myanmar language is required (written and oral expression).
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.