Deadline: 27 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Public Health Analyst in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Public Health Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Assist PHO in all tasks related to day to day management of GFATM TB-NFM grants and communication with SRs.
- Provide guidance for and review work plans and reports submitted by the implementing partners, sub-recipients (SRs) and make sure that they are sound and in line with policies and strategies of National Programme and the funding agency, ensuring gender mainstreaming as appropriate.
- Assist SRs in implementing GF grants and participate in the development of their capacity as required.
- Assist PHO and provide all essential inputs for drafting Progress Update – Disbursement Request and cash forecasting of activities related to TB grants.
- Assist in following up with implementing partners to ensure recommendations and necessary actions are carried out according to recommendations from the donor, Local Fund Agent (LFA) and/or audit firms.
- Propose any interventions that may be necessary, including termination or adjustment of actions to ensure compliance with the fund’s policy and strategies.
- Ensure GFATM protocols and standards are adhered to by UNOPS Partner agencies and SRs.
- Coordinate and manage training activities for SRs as needed.
- Assist PHO in providing continuous hands-on support and to the National TB Programme in the development and tracking of budgets, work plans, forecasting and quantification, reprogramming, reporting and other programme related matters.
- Assist in drafting TORs for requests of proposals to be launched on behalf of the fund.
- Assist in the evaluation of proposals received either as a result of such calls or direct funding and ensuring that proposals are in compliance with policies and strategies of National Programme and with funding agency.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree is required, preferable in public health, health economics, epidemiology, social science, statistics or other related field.
- Additional 2 years of similar experience with a Bachelor’s degree in related fields is considered as equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in Public Health is required.
- Working knowledge in TB would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of programme and financial management would be an asset.
- Professional experience working with government health departments and/or international donors would be a great asset.
- Previous successful involvement with and good knowledge of I/NGOs and civil society in Myanmar is desired.
- Willingness to undertake field visits in difficult conditions would be a great asset.
- Excellent writing and data analytical skills would be asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.