Deadline: 4 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate in Pakokku, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate and Liaise with the counterpart, line departments and local authorities for the smooth implementation of WFP operations in Magway, Mandalay, Sagaing Regions.
- Coordinate and Liaise with the cooperating partners (NGOs, INGOs and UN Sister Agencies) to enable effective collaboration, planning, implementation and monitoring of food assistance projects.
- Plan of implementation of WFP field operations to ensure effective and efficient delivery of food assistance and ensure that all the allocated resources are used efficiently and the daily operational issues are timely solved to prevent losses or delayed.
- Lead and ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific area of work (e.g. Assistance Programme, Food Security & Nutrition and vulnerability) and consistency of information presented to supervisor and stakeholders.
- Assess the food need for Emergency and draw up plans for its timely arrival in co-ordination with Cooperating partners (NGOs, INGOs and UN Sister Agencies) and monitor the implementation of these plans.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP can quickly response and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education with a University Degree in development studies, public administration, social science, agricultural, international relations or other related functional areas.
- Knowledge of humanitarian assistance and development practice.
- Knowledge of advanced statistics methods and statistical analysis with ability to use statistical software packages (SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.).
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Myanmar.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.